When you turn 21, it feels like life is just beginning. Whether you’re already working, trying to get through college, or hoping and praying for a job offer, adulthood seems like it’s really happening.
Early 20’s is a time when you think you should have it all together – whatever “it” is; but in reality, most don’t, and that’s okay.
Well, as I am preparing to enter my last year of college at the end of August, I could be overwhelmed with the stresses of life. I could tell you 21 things that are weighing on my mind, and give you 21 reasons why I don’t want to be an adult anymore.
Instead, I’m choosing to focus on the positive.
Here’s 21 reasons why I am happy:
1. I’m alive and healthy.
2. I’ve successfully completed 3 years of college.
3. Tuition has always been paid. (by God’s GRACE)
4. I’ve obtained my scholarship.
5. The fact that I HAVE a scholarship.
6. I’m officially a traveled woman.
7. Africa tremendously changed my life. (specifically Zambia)
8. I have the cutest new haircut.
9. My family is relocating to DC. (While this is also a reason to be sad, it’s the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, which is a reason to be happy)
10. My health has gone from not that good to great in a matter of months.
11. I have the most genuine, loving, supportive friends in this world. (I dare you to disagree)
12. I have a secured internship for the whole 2015-2016 school year
13. My relationship with God is the best relationship I’ve had (And we’re never breaking up)
14. I have decided that I’m going to officially learn how to cook (lol)
15. I drink at least 3 cups of green tea a day (Try it, you’ll be happy too)
16. My brother is now a college freshman at the University of South Carolina. (I know you guys don’t really care, but I’m such a proud big sister)
17. I’m so excited to be one of the editors of my school newspaper (The Script) this year
18. God is preparing a car for me (praise break)
19. I turned 21 yesterday.
20. No more fake IDs
21. Happy Hour every Friday 🙂
Be blessed everyone. And always always always focus on your reasons to be happy.